"Arrow Pierce My Heart" out now.
The Bonnevilles are a Garage Punk Blues duo straight out of Northern Ireland. With two studio albums already under their belt the band has become one of Europe's top alternative blues acts, sharing the stage with bands such as Left Lane Cruiser, James Leg, Johnny Walker and Guadalupe Plata, and appearing at both The Deep Blues Fest in Clarkesdale Mississippi, and its counterpart in Germany.
Rick Saunders on his Deep Blues blog describes them as "deep dark punk and stylish hard roots music with good pop-sense and without a whiff of retro poly stink”.
Featuring Andrew McGibbon Jr on Vox and guitar, and Chris McMullan on drums.
- February 26 @ Hop House — Bangor, UK
- May 3 @ The Empire w/JAMES LEG — Belfast, IE
- May 4 @ Crane Lane Theatre w/JAMES LEG — Cork, IE
- May 5 @ Thomas House w/JAMES LEG — Dublin, IE
- May 6 @ Regional Cultural Center w/JAMES LEG — Letterkenny, IE
- May 7 @ Atlantic Bar w/JAMES LEG — Portrush, IE
- May 9 @ Soup Kitchen w/JAMES LEG — Manchester, UK
- May 10 @ The Brudenell Social Club w/JAMES LEG — Leeds, UK
- May 11 @ The Cluny w/JAMES LEG — Newcastle, UK
- May 12 @ Arden Rd Social Club w/JAMES LEG — Halifax, UK
- May 13 @ Brighton Tattoo Convention w/JAMES LEG — Brighton, UK
- May 14 @ The Phoenix w/JAMES LEG — Exeter, UK
- May 17 @ Borderline w/JAMES LEG — London, UK
- May 18 @ Railway Hotel w/JAMES LEG — Southend, UK
- May 19 @ West End Centre w/JAMES LEG — Aldershot, UK
- May 20 @ Nac w/JAMES LEG — Norwich, UK
From Lurgan, Ireland, The Bonnevilles...
Self-annointed a garage, punk, blues outfit like an arrow piercing my very own heart, lovers of heavy licks and head knockin’ back beats need apply in droves. McGibbon’s song writing is never suspect, influenced from those before yet soaked and steadily glazed in a brine of “cheap beer and buckfast” as well as personal stories, characters, and fore-warnings. Simply a band that needs to be on any rock fans radar regardless of where you stand sub-genre wise, you want to dance and feel like a bad ass at the same time, spin this record on your turntable and turn it up well past your comfort zone. – Scott Zuppardo / FULL NO DEPRESSION REVIEW HERE
Sometimes less truly is more as the two-person band set-up of the Bonnevilles allows each musician to shine as well as showcase their prodigious musical talents. Meanwhile, the music rings raw and true and full of heart. – POPMATTERS
“Arrow Pierce My Heart” is a brilliant record, one that is surprisingly diverse, and whilst it might never be described as “suitable for children’s parties”, the soundtrack to your next sleepless night with your own darkest secrets running through your head never sounded better. – Andy Thorley / MAXIMUM VOLUME
While the Bonnevilles boast good, gritty technique, McGibbon is also a solid vocalist and songwriter, and there’s a greater depth to his tales of woe than most of his peers deliver. The Bonnevilles sound tight and naturalistic on these sessions, which have a fine sense of space, and the duo is smart enough not to overdo their sense of menace. – Mark Deming/ALL MUSIC
A bruising, powerful and eclectic long-player full of invention that grows and grows with repeated listens. – CHORD BLOSSOM